We also offer a schedule of planned training that individuals, groups or organisations can book onto. Further details are available here.
We can also provide training, consultation and support for schools, private organisations and other services supporting young people. Training sessions can be tailored for staff teams, schools, residential staff, parents / carers, groups of young people. For training sessions full colour Powerpoint presentations are provided (where applicable) and the presentation handouts (unless specifically agreed otherwise). I will not be responsible for the provision of the venue, refreshments or other materials for the delivery of the training.
Previous bespoke training provided has included:
- Managing Repetitive Behaviours (to a group of parents / carers)
- Mental Capacity Act (to Dudley MBC)
- Assessment of People with Learning Disabilities (to post graduate students at Birmingham University)
- Neuropsychological Assessment of Learning Disabilites within a CAMHS setting (to MSc Paediatric Neuropsychology course – University College London)
- Leadership and Management of Teams (to post graduate students at Coventry University)
Highly specialist and indivisualised training can be provided on the assessment, understanding, intervention with and general management of the following:
- Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Learning Disability – assessment, definitions, working with
- Challenging Behaviours
- Mental Health difficulties associated with children with learning disabilities (for example: low self-esteem, depression, anxiety, psychosis)
Other topics around team and systems, clinical psychology, psychological therapies can be provided upon request.